The Lourdes Institute of Wholistic Studies is a leader in the education of massage therapists in the region for the past three decades. Lourdes is unique among other programs offered in the field of massage therapy because we provide our students with the highest standard of education!
Our instructors love what they do! They are passionate, motivating and extremely well versed in their craft. They are actively practicing therapists with the experience and expertise to provide college level education in a hospital based setting.
Here are 6 steps to get you started…
1. Select a Massage School Program
Our focus is in the quality of the education not just the required hours of education. As a student you will receive training in Anatomy and Physiology, Therapeutic bodywork, Palpation, Kinesiology, Pathology and an introduction to several specialized modalities such as Reflexology, Myofascial structural bodywork and Deep Tissue.
The Certification Programs provides students with the necessary hours of education required by the State to obtain a Massage License and pass the MBLEX.
If a degree is what you are interested in, you are able to obtain an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science through our affiliation with Camden County College. Click on the programs below to read more about each:
2. Apply Online
The training at Lourdes is geared toward the adult learner with many of the classes on evenings and weekends!
You can quickly and easily apply online to join our program. Join one of the leading massage schools in the area! Start your next career or significantly advance your education and training.
3. Attend Massage School Courses
The students receive a unique Clinic experience as part of their massage therapy education as well. This segment exposes students to real world experience in three forms:
- The wildly popular Student Massage Clinic invites the community to enjoy a 55 minute relaxation massage for only $30.00 in this supervised learning environment.
- Our Community Outreach Clinic provides Seated Chair Massage from supervised students in various scenarios such as Health and Wellness Fairs, Senior Centers and Benefits to name a few.
- The In-Patient Clinic is unique to Lourdes students as they are able to obtain the skills needed to practice bed-side in a health care environment. Students gain an enhanced understanding of the utilization of massage therapy and integrative medicine in the acute care hospital setting.
4. Massage School Graduation!
Training and education in massage therapy has been provided by Lourdes since the late 70’s and has grown to include many holistic programs. Programs including reflexology, aromatherapy, yoga teacher training, herbal medicine and therapeutic massage.
What makes Lourdes unique among other programs offered in the field?
We provide the highest standard of education! Our focus is in the quality of the education not just the required hours of education.
5. Take the MBLex Exam
The MBLEX is the standard test given upon completion of at least 525 hours of training as New Jersey has become a Licensure State.
6. Apply for License in your State
A state licensing assures that only Massage Therapists meeting specific requirements are treating clients. The licensing Massage Therapist helps maintain a level of safety and confidence for both client and Massage Therapist.